Effective and updated as of: August 5, 2021
1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Antero Resources Corporation, Antero Midstream Corporation, and their respective affiliates (together, “Antero,” “our,” “us” or “we”) recognize and respect your right to privacy. We are providing this privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) to help you better understand the type of Personal Information we collect and how and why we collect or share this information as well as tell you about your rights and choices about the use of your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice governs how we collect, use and share your Personal Information. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not provide us with any Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice should be read in conjunction with other documents that we provide to you, including our Terms & Conditions. This documentation may include sections relating to the use and disclosure of information. Where a conflict exists between the terms of this Privacy Notice and any other document in relation to data protection, the terms of this Privacy Notice will apply. The policies described in this Privacy Notice continues to apply even if your relationship with us ends.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any information collected by Antero other than Personal Information collected from the sources discussed below. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to information about businesses or other non-individuals. Antero reserves the right to use and disclose aggregated and deidentified information for any commercially reasonable purpose.
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that reasonably allows us to identify you or your household. We collect Personal Information you voluntarily provide, including when you contact us via phone, email, or our “Contact Us” webform. Such Personal Information may include your name, email, and any other information you voluntarily share with us in such interactions. We have collected these categories of Personal Information for at least the last 12 months. We have grouped together the categories of Personal Information to more easily explain how we use this information:
- “Personal Identifiers,” including first and last name, social security number, owner/payee number, date of birth, birthplace, driver’s license number, passport number, or state identification card number;
- “Contact Information,” including email address(es), mailing address(es), phone number(s);
- “Biographical Information,” including your gender, citizenship, marital status, heirship, and level of education; and
- “Financial Information,” including your bank account information.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We collect and maintain Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Communications with you, including over the telephone, in voicemails, through written materials and via e-mail and other electronic communications;
- Our website and the websites of our affiliates (collectively the “Websites”); and
- Any other method by which you provide us with Personal Information, including in the future, via mobile application.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose the Personal Information described above to certain third parties as authorized by you or as permitted or required by law or regulation. More specifically, we may share Personal Information where:
- It is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations or with your instructions, for example to make royalty payments;
- We have a public or legal duty to do so (for example, to assist with detecting and preventing fraud, tax evasion and financial crime or compliance with a court order);
- We are obligated to in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests;
- Needed to allow us to provide you with necessary or useful services, for example sharing with affiliates and service providers, including administrators, governmental agencies, regulatory organizations, and consultants; or
- We have asked you if we can share it, and you gave consent.
5. Protection of Personal Information
We have implemented security policies and other technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we process. These security measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss of your personal information. However, no method of processing data is 100% secure.
6. Children’s Personal Information
Please note that we do not knowingly collect Personal Information relating to children. If we learn we have received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verified parental consent, we will endeavor to delete the information.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to experience all of the features of our Websites. Internet browsers also enable you to delete existing cookies, although this means that your existing settings will be lost.
Our site also may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count the number of users who have visited those pages. We may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon (including whether the recipient clicked on a link in the email or forwarded the email to another person).
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. Our Websites do not currently support Do Not Track requests.
8. Our Retention Policies
Personal Information may be kept for as long as it is required for legitimate business purposes, to perform contractual obligations, or where longer, such longer periods as are required or permitted by applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also be allowed to retain Personal Information for a longer period if you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
9. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, then you also have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your Personal Information.
Right to Know
You have the right to know and see what Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited, to when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Sale of Your Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information for money or other consideration of value.
More information about your rights as a California consumer may be found on California’s Department of Justice website.
Antero Does Not Discriminate
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise any of your California access or deletion request rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our toll-free line, (888) 244-9141.
To the extent applicable, we will contact you to confirm receipt of your request under the CCPA and request any additional information necessary to verify your request. We verify requests by matching information provided in connection with your request to information contained in our records. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, provided that you provide a signed agreement verifying such authorized agent’s authority to make requests on your behalf, and we may verify such authorized person’s identity using the procedures above.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not be able to respond to your request or provide you with specific pieces of Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity and authority to make the request.
Our goal is to respond to any verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of our receipt of such request. Please contact Antero at email@example.com with any questions about this Privacy Notice.
10. Third-Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other outside websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects information of visitors.
For example, the Careers and K-1 Tax Info sections of our Websites link to portals that are run by our service providers. Please review the privacy notice of those service providers before providing any personal information through those portals.
11. Updates and Revisions
We may revise this Privacy Notice. If we revise the Privacy Notice, we will post the updated policy on our website. Please check this Privacy Notice at www.anteroresources.com/privacy and www.anteromidstream.com/privacy frequently to ensure that you are familiar with its current content.
12. How to Contact Us
For any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or to make a request regarding your Personal Information, please call, toll-free (888) 244-9141 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.